Perilla oil is one amazing natural essential oil. As the name sounds rather unusual, the benefits of it too can amaze just about anyone. But then again, this oil has many things to it which are very less known to most of us.
Perrilla frutescens, commonly referred to as perilla, is an annual plant that is native to eastern Asia, and it is a member of the mint family. The perilla plant has a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine. Today, perilla seed oil and extracts of the dried leaves are used for a variety of health-promoting purposes. As with any herbal supplement, you should talk to your doctor before taking perilla.
The oil is known to have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and tumor preventing properties. It also helps in reducing the cholesterol levels and thus reduces the risk of several health hazards. The use of perilla oil for acne is known since long. It is rich in omega-3, that soothes, repairs and provides powerful antioxidant protection for mature and aging skin. On regular use of this oil, the skin becomes clearer, calmer and toned with a refreshed look.
Alpha-linolenic acid is found in perilla oil as a triacylglycerol or triglyceride. The Mediterranean diet, high in ALA, appears to lower the risk of coronary artery disease and certain types of cancer.
Perilla leaf extract and seed oil both contain a wide variety of flavones, states “Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database.” Flavones are plant compounds that have potent antioxidant activity and help to prevent free radical-induced damage to your cells and DNA. Flavones also bind to heavy metals and help to remove them from your body. Perilla seed oil and leaves both appear to have tumor-preventing properties, according to Drugs.com. In addition, the seeds of perilla have cholesterol-lowering properties and extracts of the leaves demonstrate anti-inflammatory properties
Perilla oil is a great source of omega-3 essential fatty acids, from which many of its health benefits are derived. Perilla oil is extracted from the plant called Perilla frutescens. This member of the mint family is also called –
- Purple mint
- Chinese basil
- Wild coleus
Okay now, have a look at our reference links…
- Perilla Oil by Livestrong
- Perilla Oil by Buzzle
- Perilla Essential oil by Mendosa
Perilla is among the best of natural heavenly oils which are less known to human race because of their elusive properties and amazing health health benefits and perilla is just one of such oils.
The perilla plant is regarded to be part of the mint family. The perilla plant is also known as perilla red, perilla white, and beefsteak plant. It is botanically referred to as perilla labiatae or perilla frutescens.
The plant itself is widely used for its therapeutic properties, especially in China and Korea. Perilla oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation from the perilla plant. Like the plant, the oil is also is widely used for its medicinal and other uses. Apart from the medical benefits of perilla essential oil, as listed below, perilla seed oil is used as a food additive and preservative in Asian cultures; it is also used to add flavor to certain dishes in Asian cuisine.
- Perilla oil benefits are widely known in most Asian countries, and the oil is most commonly used as a cough suppressant. Hence, it is often prescribed to those suffering from cough, congestion, colds, and flu like conditions. In particular, the oil is said to be good for pregnant women, as ailments such as the flu and cold can be harmful to the baby.
- Perilla oil is also known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. Hence, it has been widely used for treating diseases and allergy attacks that result in swelling and inflammation. It is also known to be effective for treating conjunctivitis and other eye infections.
- Perilla oil is very good for the heart. In fact, it is often used as a tonic in Asian cultures to keep the heart and liver healthy. The oil is said to help in the reduction of cholesterol, thereby preventing cardiac diseases such as heart attacks and strokes.
- Perilla oil also had great antioxidant properties; hence, it is widely used to improve the condition and texture of the skin. Regular massage with this oil is said to help alleviate symptoms of dryness and roughness. It also helps with skin rejuvenation, and therefore, it is also used on damaged or mature skin. Owing to its benefits related to the skin, it find used in the manufacture of various body scrubs, body lotions and creams, and bath salts. Perilla oil is also known to have antibacterial properties. It is therefore used in helping with skin conditions such as acne and other bacterial infections.
How about you go through our reference links now ?
- Perilla by Livestrong
- Perilla Oil by Buzzle
- Perilla Oil by Mendosa